6/17/2006

Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name..

Fortunately, I have a few places like this.. I went to one of them today..the salon. Most women will agree that when you find a hair designer/stylist that you like, don't switch! I've been fortunate to have found that person when I was 7 years old. With exception to my 4 years in NY, I have been a loyal client. I now have to drive a good 30 minutes to get there, but I never even considered finding a new place for my cuts, color, nails and waxing. I've been with them through 3 locations, several expansions and a few rare staff changes. I'm even invited to employee parties and events (weddings and showers included). I love all that.

But I also love the little moments: giggling with the girls while flipping through our first Men's lingerie catalog, sorting through romantic interest from other clients (fortunately, they have the good sense to go through the front desk staff who can give me the scoop and re-arrange the schedule if something feels creepy), swapping faux tan tips, breaking out into occasional dance.... and the list goes on.


Walking out of somewhere looking better on the outside and feeling better in the inside? Worth every penny.

No comments: