5/31/2007

All Dallas. All Princess.

People have been asking and wondering how my “All Dallas. All Princess.” birthday/going away/back to school party was this year. Was it anything like the bacchanalia of last year? I must say that the answer is no. I did not dance for 5 hours straight, but I did dance enough to generate the usual comments and looks of disbelief. I didn’t wear a tiara… I alternated between two tiara adorned cowboy hats. The boutique VIP (this year’s host) did not end up wearing the gay man’s tube socks, but she did end up with two hot dates for next month’s Pat Benettar concert. The newspaper was not delivered before the last guest went home. That’s not to say, however, that it wasn’t a WHOLE LOT of rockstar fun.

A fly on the wall that night would have overheard the following:

From the host of the party: No, NO! Ya’ll can NOT do that outside!!! I have neighbors – WITH KIDS!


From the self-described “all things sports ignorant gay man” upon hearing the tail end of a conversation about Carrie Underwood’s recent canoodling with Tony Romo: Oooh, that place serves excellent ribs!!


Said to Yours Truly: What IS it with you and music and dancing?


Said to the expecting couple: What do you mean decide on the paint color of the baby’s room before it’s born? That’s so unfair to the baby, man. Why don’t you let the BABY decide?


I CAN’T BELIEVE YOUR EYES AREN’T TOTALLY RED BY NOW!!


Why are you just standing there staring at Dirk’s crotch?


To another year and new adventures!

No comments: