3/20/2008

Sex, Drugs and Pagannini

Last week, it took me ten minutes to tune a violin. Let me put this into perspective. Back in the day, ten minutes was enough time to tune my violin, check it twice, play through all my four octave scales and wonder for the 1015th time why bass players and tuba players can’t ever PLAY IN TUNE. And when I say that it took me ten minutes the other day, I’m not even counting the minute or two it took me to realize that I hadn’t tightened the bow.

Yup. Any day now, they’ll be coming to my door to collect my violin card.

But it’s ok, I’m still card worthy. Because I do still know that when your g-string is too tight, maybe you need some dope.

And if that sentence didn’t make you think about friction and lubrication, well, my friend, that is why you don’t have a violin card.

No comments: