3/17/2006

Happy Birthday to my Dad

Thank you to my Dad for:
  • Teaching me to appreciate all things in nature (rocks, flowers, plants and animals)
  • Disagreeing with me and insisting that I really was smart enough to understand math
  • Believing that anyone can improve at anything if they just put forth the effort
  • Showing me by example that being courteous and saying a few cheerful words to every person you run across (including toll booth attendatns, security guards, etc.) can make them and me smile
  • Supporting my lofty dreams as a teenage aspiring violinist, financially and emotionally
  • Never saying anything negative about my mother
  • Showing me by example than there is such thing as a man who is comfortable with himself, has a backbone and is a good leader while still being faithful to, respectful toward, and supportive of women. (whether I always believed I would find someone like that is a different story, but whenever I'd hear other people say that men like that don't exist, I always knew deep inside that there was at least one)

No comments: