3/14/2007

The Tragedy (and travesty) of PCD

I have been a loyal fan of the Pussy Cat Dolls. They brought a fresh, vampish twist to my beloved girl pop genre. I purchased, listened to and blogged about their entire CD. When they opened for Christina Aguilera, I was just as excited to see them as I was to see her and I sang every lyric along with them. I love the songs and I love the choreography. Nicole is a great singer and a fantastic performer.

The Tragedy: Nicole is leaving the group.

So what does the rest of the group do? They’re not ready to stop. I respect that - I wouldn’t either. I truly believe that they deserve the same credit that Nicole does in the success of PCD. After all, Pussy Cat Doll just wouldn’t be the same. They are great dancers so they should keep dancing and performing.

Entering Dangerous Territory:
But they don’t want to just keep dancing and performing – they want to simply replace the missing member and carry on. Which would probably work if they were still a burlesque troupe. But they are NOT still a burlesque troupe. They have crossed the line to become a pop group.

The Travesty: They are doing all of this on a REALITY TV SHOW.

I just can't do it. I am, officially, no longer a fan.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I watched the reality show and even saved it on tivo so I could practice the dances. Are you embarrassed to be my friend?

bebeMe said...

ha ha ha! Never! Ok, I admit that back in the day of my fandom, I saved one of their performances on tivo so I could dance along with them too. Are we the biggest dorks on the planet?