6/21/2007

Don't Shoot the Simple Girl

My favorite day of the year isn't my birthday, it isn't New Year's and it isn't Halloween - although all of those are high on the list.
My favorite day is the one that, in my view, is a literal celebration of "day," it being the one with the most daylight all year and the kickoff to my favorite season of summer with its hot sunny days and seemingly endless hours. Yes, I am a Lady of Lightness and Daughter of the Sun. If this means that my soul is simple and shallow, then SIMPLE AND SHALLOW BE I.

This year, I celebrated by experiencing the uniquely Austin "Mexonesian" (self-described) Hula Hut, located on Lake Austin in the best of company where I sat on the patio, looked out on the lake and had a delicious Bloody Mary at 4 pm on a Thursday afternoon. Indeed, there are some wonderful perks about being a student!

Happy June 21st!

No comments: