6/19/2007

Flashback to Elementary School





I skinned my knee at school today. Yes, really.

But I should make one thing clear. It was not the fault of my white Steve Madden wedges. Would I have tripped and fallen if I were wearing flats? Probably not. But I NEVER BLAME PRETTY SHOES.

So whose fault is it? It could be my fault. After all, instead of paying attention to where I was stepping as I generally try to do when wearing shoes with height, I was absorbed in the Search for the Car Keys in the Purse. (All women know about this.) While I was searching, the surface on the street suddenly changed from flat concrete to uneven brick. Of course, I wouldn't have been searching for my keys if I'd have found them before I started walking or for that matter, waited to find them after I finished walking. Or I could’ve actually put my keys in the (gasp!) key compartment in my purse in the first place.

Or, I could do the right thing and blame the UNEVEN BRICK. That damn brick tripped me.

It was NOT the shoes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee - I'm having a deja vu moment of a fall in an elevator.. hmmm. Do I see a pattern here? Why, yes, I think I do!!! :) HS

bebeMe said...

Oh, CRAP. I didn't even think of that. Maybe I can blame this one on Hooters too.