7/02/2007

The W/D Connection

And did you press your cheek up against its coldness and wrap your arms around its boxy-ness and kiss it yet?


Ok, yes. I was the one who instant messaged that. But it was my FRIEND who IMed:

I finally know what it’s like to be IN LOVE with a washer and dryer.


Because we had an entire exchange wherein we waxed on and on and on about a washer and dryer (wait, did I really just write “wherein?”) - the washer and dryer that used to be mine before I sold them to my friend in all its Whirlpool glory and moved to the pale mud green apartments, where I’m provided with an astonishingly efficient (read: teeny, stackable, no frills) W/D set. And while they were taking my beloved Whirlpools out and loading it into the back of her truck, I must have said to her at least 100 times, “LOOK, it has a HAND-WASHABLES setting. See? Do you see it? You can wash your HAND WASHABLES in there.”

AND I could put more than a small basketful of laundry in there. AND there was a special timed device in which to put my laundry softener. AND if I really did have only a small basketful of bath towels, I could dry it in just one dryer cycle. And don't even get me STARTED on the extremely impressive array of setting options.

All of which, of course, I didn’t fully appreciate until it was gone.

But now I know, oh washer and dryer set, how great thou art. We miss you!

We being me, my clothes and my bottle of original formula Woolite.

No comments: