9/24/2005

Icky Flashback

Today I actually did a little basic stitching which was surprisingly successful, considering that I couldn't really remember the proper way to tie the knots with needle and thread. I don't even know if that was the proper terminology. Anyway, it reminded me of another man from my past. We'll call him John. We went out once, maybe twice. during my first month of college. He was not bad looking and an excellent violinist. The relationship didn't go anywhere, but we remained friends. Several months later, we were having lunch together in the Dining Center and he asked me if I knew how to sew on buttons. Then he proceeded to ask me if he would sew on some of his shirt buttons that had fallen off for him. Ew, ew, ew.

Later on that year, he went on and on in praise about some girl who found his laundry in a dryer that she wanted to use, so she took out his clothes and folded them for him. Ew, ew, EW!

I have never regretted not dating him extensively.

No comments: