9/05/2005

Maybe, just maybe...

...my dad was (is) right in his assertion that anybody can learn to do anything if he/she really has a desire and willingness to try. As optimistic as I am, I always took this with a grain of salt because, come on... I learned soon enough in my short life that some of these "anythings" remain beyond my grasp.... time after time.

However, I suprised myself when I purchased Tivo about 4 months ago. Just the thought of figuring out how to hook up the tv, Tivo, Cable, telephone, etc. was already making me hyperventilate. As I took my Tivo out of its box with all its cables, I told myself to calm down and take deep breaths.... Surprise! I was able to hook it up to all my equipment in one try. So this past weekend, I bought what they call a "Master Video Switching Center." My TV is at least 20 years old (bless her little heart) and only has one output (input?) thingie in the back so new device was the only way I'd be able to hook up my DVD player and my Tivo to the TV at the same time. And guess what? Yup, I'm now happily able to switch between my DVD and TV once again.

Father knows best!

No comments: