10/16/2006

80's much?

As I gave my reflection in the full-length mirror my daily morning once-over (yes, all girls do this and if they don't they SHOULD), I remembered my vehement assertion from a time not so long ago that I would NEVER wear anything even slightly reminiscent of the 80's. Shrudder. What was I wearing this morning? Honest to God leggings with my pointy-toed shoes, a short skirt and cowl-neck sweater with a wide belt worn high around my waist. My hair was feathered back, showing off my hoop earrings and two large bangles adorned my wrist.

I would conclude this post with "never say never," only I don't actually agree with that particular aphorism. Not only would it be expressively stifling to entirely eliminate the word "never," but I would miss the moments like I had this morning too much.

No comments: