7/30/2005

Hello Kitty? Maybe Later

Cats have always intrigued me. Who couldn't love their eyes and natural grace? I identify with the cat temperemant and I like spending time with them. Recently, I seriously considered getting a cat. However.....

1. I am allergic to most cats.
2. I am not a girl who is easily committs...to anything.
3. I am a lot like a cat as far as affection goes. Sometimes I want it and sometimes I just want to be left alone. I do not want to be constantly cat fighting with a cat!

I consulted a friend of mine (I am ALWAYS consulting friends) who leads a similar lifestyle to mine, but has 2 cats. She assured me that there are ways to work with allergies (she has them too) and described how easily taking care of a cat fit into her life. Still, the thought of taking on the responsibility of another living being.... Huge, BIG.

Sooo, the next thing I did, of course, was to research on the internet. This is what I pulled up: http://cats.about.com/cs/catmanagement101/a/yournewcat.htm
The first sentence I read was, "Think seriously about this important step, which is much like entering into a marriage. " Panic mode, panic mode! I read on about not having furniture that is extremely important to you. Flashback to my months-long saga of finding the perfect, white leather sofa which, of course, I found at one of the most expensive furniture stores in Dallas. That was enough for me to arrive at a conclusion.

I have a soft spot for animals. I only cry at movies and books when the pet dies. I have donated money to the SPCA. A pet deserves the same kind of family and home that a child does. And that is why I would be a terrible cat owner at this point and time in my life.

2 comments:

bebeMe said...

thanks, missbossyboots. And yes, you are the said friend!! One day, we will go cat shopping!

Unknown said...

I am so excited about your blog!! You know I love kitties too! Coolio says, wazzup!