7/29/2005

to be or not to be......anonymous

I've spent the last couple of weeks deciding whether or not to create a blog. I LOVE to express myself and get input, but I can usually control the circumstances. I decide how much to share and I decide the "who, when and where." The thought of having so much information about myself out there for potentially anyone to read, anywhere and at any time, feels like an invasion of my closely guarded personal space. At the same time, anyone who knows me well, knows that I love attention and yes, I crave the spotlight. I'm always the first one to send my picture in to a TV show, I get entirely too excited about seeing my name printed anywhere in public, and any time I see, read, or hear an interview (celebrity or otherwise) in the media, I think, "That SO should be me." So what's the difference between posting pictures and personal info. on an obscure blog page and being interviewed on national television? I've never been interviewed on national television, but I would do THAT in a heartbeat.

I approached a friend of mine (an experienced blogger) with my dilemma and she suggested that I remain anonymous. While anonymity alleviates my fear of losing my personal space (thank you, friend), it also contradicts my love for the spotlight.So for now, I've not yet decided how anonymous I want to be (or not to be). Maybe I can figure out how to be like Sandra Bullock. Huge star with a private life which is just that. Obviously, I am not even close to being like Sandra Bullock...but you know what I mean.

Little known fact: The first part of the title of this post is the concept behind the name of the clothing line which is the inpsiration behind my blog title....

No comments: