12/28/2005

Even Better than the Flight

Airport travel just keeps getting better. I remember when we had to remember the actual paper plane ticket in order to get on the flight, in addition to a passport/ID. Now, with e-tickets and self check in, I just have to bring a major credit card and I.D. If I didn't check in any bags (ha ha), I could print out a boarding pass from home and go directly to the gate.

As far as stricter security measures, I have recently discovered the wonderful world of TSA approved locks. Plus, modern security procedures make taking off the bling and my shoes easy and quick. Restricting the gates to passengers only isn't actually a bad thing either because the extra time I save before I get to the gate allows more time to do my favorite airport activities (much more fun done alone):

  • Walk around and spend money that I didn't need to spend
  • Walk around and not spend money that I really do want to spend
  • Sit in the waiting area and do some unintentional eavesdropping

No comments: