12/11/2005

Sober Drunk

Recently, after a company holiday party, my female coworker was teased (until she started feeling a little insecure about it) for having a little too much wine. In my opinion, she acted no crazier than I did and I wasn't drinking. She helped me in a performance of Devil Goes Down to Georgia and afterwards, I tried to get everyone else to join in as I sang and danced like a rock star. She was the only one who followed my lead and we had a great time. But nobody was giving me a hard time. So I finally asked why everyone was making such a big deal about her and if anyone really thought she was acting any crazier than I was. The answer is apparently that everyone expects me to act like that. Sober. Hmmmmm.... Does that mean that I should be embarassed more often? I'd like to think that I'm just relaxed and uninhibited enough to have a good time and not feel I have to apologize for it and blame it on the alcohol afterward. I'm going to go with that answer.

No comments: