12/11/2005

My Old Friend

I miss running. I started running during my freshman year in college and it was the ultimate outlet for stress and negativity and a time to sort through my ideas. Plus, it made me feel good and discover for myself that "runner's high" is not a myth. Eventually, my knees gave in and I haven't really run since a 5K in 2002. Last week, it was below freezing and to keep warm when I had to go out into the warehouse at work, I decided to run laps around the 32,000 ft plus warehouse. It was sort of a joke at first and I got the expected giggles from the warehouse staff, but I didn't expect the nostalgia. Don't get me wrong, I love my workouts at the gym, but there's just something about running that can't compare. So I ran until I warmed up and until my knees reminded me of why I stopped.

It was a nice visit with an old friend.

No comments: