8/17/2008

Fall Shmall. At least I saved the lovely white Benetton leather.

I have a tolerance that lets me drink about ½ a cocktail before I start finishing sentences that I forgot I started. So I expected that something might happen when I went to the Fall Creek Vineyards Annual Grape Stomp and Harvest Festival in Tow, Texas.

Sure enough, one minute I was gliding along the dirt road in my white shorts, white bag and pretty white shoes
and the next minute, I was staring at the little dirt road pebbles that were 3 inches from my face and desperately reaching for my handbag so that I could brush off the dirt before it seeped into the pristine white leather.

Absolutely, I expected this to happen. It’s just that I thought it would happen after I’d had 8 kinds of wine instead of before I’d even made it to the entrance of the festival.

2 comments:

Kristan said...

LOL well life does like to throw us some curve balls every now and then.

Anonymous said...

OMG - Why, WHY couldn't I have seen that? Please, I beg you, next time you go to a drinking event, can you call me so I can come watch??? xoxo Holly