10/15/2009

In search of a little self-respect

I’ve mentioned several times on this site that I am a teen fiction enthusiast. A bona fide fanatic, zealot, and devotee. Would it be going too far to call myself a groupie? And yet, I so rarely write about the books that I inhale. I mean, what sort of self-respecting book groupie doesn’t write about the books at which she throws herself in irrepressible lust?

The truth is that while I do, in some fashion, love and enjoy nearly every teen fiction book that I read, there are some that reach me in a way that makes me want to go door-to-door, sharing the good book with those who are lost and in need of something that will make their lives complete. In the last month or so, I’ve read three such books and since I’d rather leave the door-to-door proselytizing to those guys on bikes, I’m going to start sharing these books right here on this space. And if you are open to a life filled with meaning, then you can read these posts. And if you’re just too damn good for teenage angst, then you can slam your browser window shut and I’ll never even know.

P.S. Thank you, Chuck, for planting the seed of this idea. Like two years ago.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Love teen fiction. It's awesome, reading all your excerpts/recs right now.