8/12/2005

All she needed to know, she learned in high school...

Jessica Simpson may have fooled some Americans, but some of us fellow N. TX girls recognize her smart girl's M.O. for attention, which in her case, reaps fame and fortune. I heard that Reese Witherspoon recently expressed disgust at Jessica's airhead antics for attention. I sat through many a high school "honors'' class, watching smart girls act dumb because they thought it was cute and it would get attention from the boys. I think we all have some natural ditziness that actually makes us all the more endearing and approachable. But the exaggerated and obviously contrived ditziness has never been my style. Back then, I would roll my eyes and say, "puh-LEEEZ," but I never truly recognized its marketing value.

Who knew?

No comments: