8/13/2005

Thank you to my Mother

  • For allowing me to change my mind and not apologize for it.
  • For supporting and indulging my fantasies of a future career in all of the following: architecture, art, performance, and motherhood. And I don't mean just pick one. It was going to be all of those things at the same time. This was all before the age of 8. (I added writing later)
  • For teaching me how to live independently, both emotionally and physically. This includes making me honor every teenage monetary debt I had to my older, more responsible brother.
  • For teaching me how I should be respected by a man and how to respect a man (in that order).
  • For insisting on good nutrition and fitness habits.
  • For not accepting a grumpy pout or frown when she woke me up in the morning.
  • For rearing me in a household where women and men were different, but equal.

No comments: